Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 19 - Something You Hate to Do

Today's pic was something that you hate to do....well, I DESPISE going to Wal-Mart. I avoid Wal-Mart with every fiber in my body! I turn into some sort of monster when I go in ANY Wal-Mart. I'm.Not.Kidding!

Today, we needed to pick up a few things and I wanted to go to a local antique store so Rob made a deal with me. He would go to the antique store if I would go to Wal-Mart for some groceries. I think he thought I would just forgo the trip to the antique store but I was DETERMINED to go there so I sucked it up and took one for the team! :)

It actually wasn't too bad but I won't be going back any time soon. In the year of 2011, I think I only went in Wal-Mart a total of 3 times and I'm pretty sure I was a happier person because of it! :)

By the way, I got a CUTE little table at the antique store. I will blog it later this week, hopefully...when I figure out where it's going in my house!

Tomorrow is a holiday so we are enjoying a 3-day weekend! YAY for another day off!

2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

This makes me laugh! My husband used to say I had a "Walmart face"...some horrid look he only saw when I crossed the threshold of the store. ;)

Since the girls were born, I think I hate Walmart a little less. Part of that is that we go during the week...it's a "field trip" for the three of us, AND I don't have to spend my precious weekend time there, when I think the crazies are even worse. ;)

Shopping at Walmart definitely is not one of my *favorite* things to do, but I would likely put it above unloading the dishwasher, which has become the bane of my existence, it seems. HA!

Eric, Marilyn, and Elliott said...

Even though the Walmart near our house is super-nice, it is still something I avoid like the plague. We have lived here almost 2 years and I have been inside maybe 4 times. It helps to have a Target so close!