Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 17 - Time

For Valentine's, Rob got me Jesus Calling, which is a daily devotional and so far I LOVE it! Since I started it earlier this week, each message has spoken to me in some way, but none better than this one. Even though this message was for February 16th, I'm using it for my 17th day because it really spoke to me about "time."

As most of you know by now, Rob and I are currently awaiting a baby to adopt and some days and weeks are LONG! Lately it seems like every time I log on to Facebook or Twitter or look at a blog, someone else is pregnant. The last few days and weeks have been rough, to say the least. This devotional just reminded me to enjoy the moments that I'm in right now! Sometimes I know that I'm missing out on the "right now" because I'm so worried about the future and when things are going to happen.

Sometimes I need a reminder to BE STILL and just enjoy the minutes that are passing each day. The line that spoke to me the most was "Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms."

0 comments: