Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bathroom Makeover-Part 1

I've been meaning to blog this for a while but am just now getting around to it. I've really been wanting to change up our front bathroom (the one that guests use) and with some awesome gift cards from Christmas I was able to do just that. I've gotten a few things done but still have quite a few things left to do.

First I needed a new shower curtain which I found at Kirklands...yes, it's monogrammed and I know you are shocked.
I then set out to find some candle sticks or something because we have lot of unused counter space. Our house was built in the 80's and some things they did are just ridiculous. A trip to Hobby Lobby and we are set. (Rob really finds it odd that there is a picture of us in the bathroom). I have bought some paper and ribbon to "dress" up the candles like I did here, but haven't gotten around to it.

Another gift card bought us some great brown towels (that will be monogrammed soon to match the curtain) and a new hand towel rack. The white towel is a Valentine's Day towel that I found at Target for $1.

So far so good. We have bought paint to change the color of the hideous cabinets from gross brown to a chocolate color. We EVENTUALLY are going to paint our kitchen cabinets and this is a practice run to see how it goes since there are LOTS fewer in the bathroom than the kitchen. Hopefully I will be back soon with Part 2 of the Bathroom Re-do! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I just finished painting our cabinets if you need any help. It took me 3 different trips to the paint store before I finally figured it out. I could help you save a lot of time!