Sunday, April 12, 2009

Columbia, SC and Savannah, GA

On Thursday, Rob and I headed to Columbia, SC to watch our friend Josh graduate from Army Basic Training at Fort Jackson. It was a very quick trip and we didn't get to spend much time with him but we are very glad we got to witness such a milestone for him and we are very proud of his decision!

Rob, Josh, and me right after his graduation

Rob and me waiting on the graduation to begin
After graduation we headed south to Savannah, GA to meet up with my parents for the rest of the weekend. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency which ended up being a great place to stay because it is in the heart of it all - right at Bay Street and River Street. Friday night we had dinner at Uncle Bubba's (Paula Deen's brother's restaraunt) Here are a few pics from dinner:


On Saturday, we did a trolley tour of Savannah and got to see all of the beautiful homes and sites that have made Savannah such a great city!




Saturday night we did a ghost tour on a horse drawn carriage which was also lots of fun and very interesting. Then, we had dinner at Lady and Sons (Paula Deen's restaurant). Of course it was great food and I'm so glad we got to eat there because my dad is a HUGE Paula fan!


It was a great weekend and now I'm counting down until our next trip - our week at the beach in June! :)

0 comments: