Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday PARTY!

Saturday night we surprised my mom with a birthday party/cookout. There were a lot of people including friends that Mom went to high school with, family, and most of her co-workers/friends. It was a lot of fun and I think everyone had a great time!

We ate grilled hamburgers and hot dogs along with grilled veggies that were scrumptious! Here are Jacob and Rob working on the veggies.


We also had music going -and here are a few of the DJ's (Donny, Allison, and Derek) putting their heads together to decide what to listen to. It was really great getting to catch up and visit with people that we don't get to see very often.
We also enjoyed a Costco cake with cheesecake filling. As you can see, some people enjoyed the cake more than others. Rob got dirty while grilling and had to change clothes which is why he is in a t-shirt! :)
And some people (Susanne and Kristie) were up to no good. Haha..not really! I'm just jealous because I wasn't in on this conversation. ;)

If you've ever been to a party, you know the later it gets in the evening, the braver people get. Once "Thriller" came on, Rita and Becky decided to attempt their M.J. moves.
Jacob enjoying the tunes!
Like father, like son - This was definitely one of the funniest moments of the evening. I think I might have been adopted. ;)
Kristie dancing to "Baby Got Back"
Overall, it was a FUN evening. My parents have the PERFECT place for a party at their new house. There is LOTS of room to park and lots of room to spread out in the yard. I'm definitely thinking we will be having more parties there since this one was such a blast!
Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you had as much fun at your party as we did!


























0 comments: